Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Usual Tosh

This week has been marred by a nasty case of man flu. I have a bad cough that sound like I’m barking (yes more than normal). My head she aches and my throat she is sore. Needless to say with only the weekend left to go before I go back to work I am finally starting to feel better. Bloody typical really. Anyway I will persevere with this post and see if any insightful gems appear. (I would’t hold your breath).

The walking dead

One of the highlights of the week was last night. FX showed the first episode of The Walking Dead. I have to admit to being suitably impressed. I haven’t read any of Robert Kirkman’s graphic novels but based on the first ep of the show I intend to remedy that real soon. Kudos to Andrew Lincoln and Lennie James for making a zombie apocalypse seem 100% believable. I was particularly impressed with how the psychological toll that both men have suffered was portrayed. Looking forward to next Friday all ready.

Does a lot of good work for charity

Whenever I give my time to a charity I have two simple criteria. Firstly it has to be a cause I believe in. Secondly it has to be fun. Since the beginning of the week I have been sporting a chopper moustache in aid of Movember.

Rockin The Chop

The funds raised through Movember’s UK campaign benefit the The Prostate Cancer Charity, the UK’s leading prostate cancer charity. I have managed £50. That’s not bad but I’m sure we can do better (HINT, HINT). The team I’m in have raised over £100 so far. All good work just for looking a bit daft for a month. No great stretch for me I look pretty daft anyway!

Oh before I forget. If you haven’t already and want to donate my donation page is here http://uk.movember.com/mospace/607202/

World of Warcaft: Cataclysm

In around a months time the next update to World of Warcraft is launched. I think it’s fair to say that I have spent a quite large amount of time playing this game so I’m just a little bit excited about this release. Put it this way I wouldn’t bother trying to contact me on the 7th December.

Speaking of which I’m off.

Chopper Cheesecake

No comments: