Saturday, February 14, 2009

Best on the Box

As ever I have been pondering the mysteries of the universe and as ever I got distracted by the evil telly box in the corner of the living room. On any given night there is some fine viewing options that warrant your attention dear reader. In no particular order I'll give you a run down of some that I consider highlights. Now I could wax lyrical about the 'boob tube' (as our American cousins call it) till the cows come home but I am going to set myself some strict limits. I am only going have entries on the list that are currently being broadcast.

  • Being Human - Best British series of the moment bar none (I'm looking at you Dr Who). A vampire, a ghost and a werewolf sharing a house. Funny, creepy, sad and moving all in one go. I was fortunate to see the pilot episode last year on BBC3 and I think that the series has continued in the same vein (excuse the pun) and is starting to develop into something which is constantly gripping to watch.

  • Lost - Ok so it confusing. Every episode leaves us with more unanswered questions than answers but we all keep coming back for more don't we? It's always nice to see Jim Robinson continuing to get work.
  • Hustle - Adrian Lester back where he belongs in series 5. On yer bike Marc Warren (your in everything else anyway!). I read this morning that there will be a series 6 coming soon. Good times.
  • Demons - Not bad for a first series. I think it has a way to go yet but bring it back ITV and we'll give it a chance. Put it this way. No worse than Primeval and that's coming back for a third series. Oh I just spotted two Glenisters on one list... crazy!
  • Battlestar Galactica - Consider the 70's version of this show and then compare it against what we get now. Insightful political drama, action by the bucketload and more twists and turns than a man trapped in an automatic pretzel making machine....hmmm pretzels
  • 24 - 7 years in and The Jack Bauer Power Hour still going strong. Lets be honest though Jack's a bit of a fucking jinx isn't he. Whenever he shows up things invariably explode. If I did that at work they wouldn't let me in the office.


  • A Town called Eureka - Fun show. bit less heavy going than some of the other genre TV on the list but that ain't a bad thing.



Ok so I might have cheated a little. I know Hustle and Demons have just finished their respective series runs but they were both worth including and like I have said before My Blog My Rules.

Well do you agree or not? Answers on a postcard. Oh and for those that took part last time I have created a new poll. TV related so as to be in keeping with the theme of this twaddle.

Laters
All

1 comment:

Mark Chadbourn said...

All my favourite shows. Have you tried Fringe?