Thursday, December 2, 2010

Assorted Bits and Pieces

Mac Software

Now that I am more comfortable with my shiny new MacBook I've been delving into all the different applications that are available for me to try out. So far there have been a couple of apps that have impressed. I installed Delicious Library 2 last night and had a play. Wow how cool is this. Using the webcam it reads the barcode on an item eg book, blu-ray or DVD and then imports all the details direct from Amazon into a collection database. It works very well. I am seriously considering purchasing a licence so I can add all my books and DVDs. The demo version is limited to 25 records. Best feature is it tells you exactly what is imported. Spookily it sound a bit like Stephen Hawking!

The other app is NewsFire. This is an excellent RSS feed reader. It manages to cope with the 94 feeds I fool without so much as a grumble. It also displays the information in a very readable format. Best of all...it's free!

Tis nearly the Season to be Jolly

I know it's only the 2nd December but the wintry weather has made me come over all festive. I'm lucky that at the end of a long cold day I get to shuffle back to our little Hobbit hole and cosy up next to her inside the doors. I'm an Autumn\Winter kinda guy, what can I say I always have been. I'm looking forward to a couple of weeks of large dinners and putting my feet up in front of a roaring fire.

Movember

Glad to report I managed to raise £65 for charity in November. My moustache wearing helped raise awareness for prostate and testicular cancer charities. Next year I am going to attempt something a bit bigger but more on that in 2011.

A New Tattoo

Mrs Cheesecake is getting some new ink. Arty type that she is she has designed it herself.

Tattoo

I, as ever, am jealous.

Good night peoples

 

 

 

 

No comments: