Thursday, June 24, 2010

Pablo Cheesecake v Man v Food

As with most things I have eclectic tastes when it comes to food. I will try just about anything once. As an example I was recently in Wales on holiday and got the opportunity to try ‘laver bread’ which is made from seaweed and looks a bit like black/green snot. It’s really unusual to taste (tastes a bit like the sea) and not as unpleasant as it sounds. My convoluted point being that I enjoy trying new things when it comes to my gastronomic adventures.

Ensuring that I am kept bang up to date with all the latest taste sensations I have been doing my due diligence. I recently discovered the TV show Man v Food from the Travel Channel in the US of States. Check this out.


Adam Richman, the host, is a legend. He’s even on Twitter as well (@adamrichman). He dares go where other’s fear to tread. I want his job. Travelling from city to city trying out all the food challenges that the US has to offer. If they ever do a UK version of this I am going to apply for the job. Cheesecake v Food – I like the sound of that!

Mrs Cheesecake has been flexing her gastronomic muscles as well. She is has been working through the recipes on the Pioneer Woman website. This is gradually making me a larger but more contented Cheesecake. We haven’t had a bad recipe from this site. Please note butter and cream are your friend.

If that’s not enough Mrs Cheesecake has also started growing her own fruit & vegetables. Before you ask: apples, pears, strawberries, rhubarb, onions, carrots, potatoes and about a dozen different herbs. Damn we’re even reducing our carbon footprint by growing out own.

What’s next for this intrepid couple of gastronomes? Who knows. Stick around and you might find out.

Adios
Pablo Cheesecake



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: