Thursday, April 23, 2009

Let the right Cheesecake in

So I promised that I would post about this at the weekend and never got round to it. In retrospect I wasn’t sure what I was going to say. I found Let the Right One In to be an enthralling story. It’s taken me a couple of days to come to a conclusion so sorry for the delay.

Based on his own source material screenwriter John Ajvide Lindqvist has written a very subtle and engaging film. It captures the loneliness of the early teenage years (when no-one in the history of the world could ever be feeling the same way you are) and compares this with the loneliness of eternity.

Without giving to much away the story is that of a relationship between Oskar and Eli. I was impressed by the two young leads. Both their performances where great. Though I did feel sorry for the young chap playing Oskar as he seemed to spend a vast portion of the film with a snot moustache.

The thing I liked best was the fact the there was a lot that was left to the viewers own interpretation of events. Things happen and different viewers will take different things from the events as they unfold.

I strongly suggest you seek this out. Worth the admission price!

I hope the writer’s other work makes it to the big screen as I think the world needs a Swedish zombie movie.

Later loyal viewer.

No comments: